The strong connection with our local community is part of Sundara’s DNA. Many of our chefs, bartenders and service staff are from Jimbaran and Kedonganan. They are proud of their fishing village community and cultural heritage, and actively support our sustainability mission with a full-time Environment & Sustainability Manager based at Four Seasons. Our programs include:
• Strict waste minimisation including zero single-use plastics.
• Water purification plant to supply drinking water with reusable glass bottles.
• Recycling used cooking oil to manufacture biofuel.
• Food waste separation and donations to a local farm as animal feed.
• Zero Waste Cocktail Workshops at Telu, the cocktail garden and arak cellar made 100% from repurposed materials. The design includes cabinets and roofs made from upcycled tetra carton packaging in collaboration with ecoBali. Guests can learn recipes and eco-tips from Sundara’s bartenders, to take home.
• On-site sourcing from Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay’s three hectares of herb and vegetable gardens.
• Local sourcing of most ingredients with priority to organic, sustainable suppliers and social cooperatives.
• Participation in monthly beach clean-ups and environmental awareness initiatives.
• Internship programs for underprivileged communities, and sponsorship of local charities and fundraising events.